Tuesday, June 24, 2014

House Update #2

The outside flower beds are not the only things to have been updated recently. In January, actually the first day of the new year, I made a list of what I felt I "needed" to purchase to make each room on the first two floors on the house feel "complete".

Let me back up a second, when I first bought the house, everyone told me to take my time and live in the house some and then start decorating after I had the feel for what I wanted. I didn't believe this at all, but almost 3 years later, it makes a lot of sense. And honestly, it is very true. It was so easy to make the list and it was very definitive for me. So then comes the shopping. This is fun, but also sad because some items are expensive and it feels like I'm not making any progress due to saving, but once I can make the purchase, Ah, it feels amazing!

Here are the before photos of the living room...


One of my "needed" purchases was a rug for living room. Every winter I thought a rug would help keep the room warmer, plus with a little niece about to start to crawl, I thought a nice Aunt would have a cozy spot for her to hang. I had found one at Target, then it was sold out. When it was back in stock, I hesitated on purchasing it and then it was discontinued. Ironically, I found a different one and purchased within 36 hours of finding it.

That rug is nice and plush. Probably need a new vacuum just to clean it!!

The room is naturally darker, so it is a tough photograph

I had also wanted a little stand by the door when you first walk in, but couldn't find one. My sister spotted one at Gone Vintage in Bloomsburg for $50 and thought it would be cool to redo. Once I got in in the room, I'm now not sure about refinishing it. I kind of like it how it is!

Having a lamp to turn on as you walk in a dark house is so nice!!

I had this photo hanging in my bedroom at my parents and my mom had given it to me for my house. I thought the frame would be better if it was white and it has been on my to do list to paint white for a while.


Well, I have finally stopped procrastinating and got this updated, definitely a better look!



The dining room has also been privileged to receive a few updates. When I first moved in, I found these counter stools at Target for a steal. I only bought two but over time decided I wanted 3. And you can guess, as my luck would have it, they discontinued them. My sister and I talked the one time she was here about getting a third one and using it as an accent. The idea always stayed with me and when Target produced a burlap one, I fell in love!

Oh, the rug was a new addition back in January too! I also found this cool idea on Pinterest for a center piece and decided to replicate my own. I have had all these shells that I have picked up at various beaches in a bag in a closet. And my mom provided some conch shells from her recent trip to Santa Belle. Very cool!



And this little find for on the wall fit perfectly, so I couldn't pass it up!

Lighthouse!
What luck on the shades on green!!

I think that is all of the updates for inside. There is another project, but more on that one later!

No comments:

Post a Comment