Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wendy's to the Rescue

Thought I would share a little story from the other night....

This year, one of my New Year's resolutions was to define my budget AND stay on budget. Going out to dinner when it's late seems to be my biggest issue, but I have been really good this year!

So, I stayed late at the office working on some projects (partly because I had work to do and I wanted to avoid rush hour traffic). Before I left, I decided I would treat myself to a Wendy's burger and fries. I can honestly say, it has been at least 6 months since I had fast food if you don't count Subway. I started to salivate over greasy French fries soaked in malt vinegar and dipped in ketchup immediately. As I head home, I can see the thunderstorm didn't hit downtown, but was ahead of me. You could actually see where it was raining and it wasn't. Kind of cool! 

Unfortunately for me, I caught the storm as I was taking my exit. It was raining so hard, I couldn't see the road. Water was laying everywhere across the road. As I approached Wendy's, I had the sudden realization that to order my dinner, I had to put my window down, which started to make me really mad. Let's face it, putting my window down in that storm was not an option!

As I pull into the parking lot and head to the drive thru, it stops raining. Woo Hoo! Dinner is back on! I pull up, all ready to order, and then dead silence. No one greets me, nothing for a good minute. When the voice on the other end speaks, the cashier says, "Our cash registers are down." 

My brilliant reply, "so....."

The girl goes, "Our cash registers are down. We lost power and then it came back on, but our register won't come back up." 

At this point, I have been gone from home for over 12 hours, I'm hungry, I want my food and I want to go home. I say to the girl, "So what does this mean, I have wait, go somewhere else, what?"

The girl says, "well, our registers are down."

I seriously wanted to say what does that have to do with my dinner, but I'm so focused on getting what I want so I can go home, I'm not really comprehending, so I ask again, "So what does this mean, I have to wait, go somewhere else, what?"

The girl finally clarifies and says "With our registers down, I can't put in your order."

No joke, I repeat myself again and say, "So I can't get anything, I have to go somewhere else is what you are telling me?"

Suddenly she says, "No, you know what, we will just give it to you. What do you want?"

Finally my brain started to work because I was like "No, that's not necessary. I only have my credit card no cash."

The nice cashier said, "Don't worry about it, what do you want."

So I ordered my Son of the baconator combo meal, pulled around, and they gave me my dinner for FREE! 

She actually tried to have me order more, but I felt guilty about my free meal and insisted that was it. I tried looking for money in my car, but let's face, nothing is ever out of place, so that search was not fruitful!

So at the end of a long day, Wendy's came through for me with my dinner! I thought it was a nice way to end the day! I thought about writing the store manager, but have considered not too. I'm afraid if I do, I may get some one in trouble, but honestly, their nice kind gesture made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh angie, you just crack me up! I can practically hear the conversation...Glad you got your burger:)

    ReplyDelete