Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Seems ironic to write about snow, but this is what happens on Beech Street. It was so pretty out and really the second snowstorm with measurable snow since we have lived in the house. There were two great things that happened this day. First, this snowstorm was a Friday night into Saturday morning so there was no reason to go out. Second, I got to meet the man who shovels the sidewalk.

We have only lived here for 1 year and 3 months. Any time we would get any snow last year, I would hurry home to clean the sidewalk and steps and I would find the sidewalk already shoveled. And in case anyone was wondering, no Sam did not do it. He does not believe in shoveling snow! I always wondered who was cleaning our sidewalk and now that I do not work weekends, the mystery is solved. There is an older man who is a retired mailman. He knows how busy everyone is and since he is capable, he shovels the entire street. Now, how nice is that! 

I am sad to say though, I had the opportunity to meet him after he had shoveled my walk. So to try and pay it forward, I went over to my older neighbor's and shoveled her sidewalk and steps. Maybe next time I can beat him to it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment