Sunday, April 28, 2013

Perfect Weather, Perfect Weekend

I could not have asked for a better Saturday than this weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was sunny, with a light breeze, and in the 70's. it was so nice out that I didn't mind doing an abundant of activities around the house. I was able to get the flower beds weeded and dirt turned over, cut the grass including out front along the street, bagged up some leaves out back, trimmed the Japanese maple tree, finishing with removing the hostas and giving them to a co worker. Once cleaned up, I relaxed by finishing the mystery novel I was reading. While I could barely get out of bed Sunday morning, it was worth it.

The best part of Sunday was that it rained all day. After getting the grocery shopping out of the way and a roast in the crockpot, the rest of the day was mine. It was great to rest my extremely sore muscles by working on my rug. Yes, it is still not finished but I am at the halfway point. That is progress people! I also sewed some pillowcases for friends.

Have to say it was pretty great. Now if I could just find a way so the weekends never end.....

No comments:

Post a Comment