Sunday, February 10, 2013

Frugal February: Post #2

Okay, so after I had come to terms with not being able to shop, I thought this would be somewhat easy. Boy was I wrong! The other day at work I realized that I needed some caffeine. So I reached into my wallet to get $1.25 and then realized I was allowed to buy a soda. It was very crushing in that moment as it was only day #4 of this endeavor. Sure enough, I survived without my caffeine hit!

Luckily, I have some gift cards and gift cards do not count as spending money since I'm not going to have to deduct it from my checking account. Thank goodness I have an Amazon gift card and iTunes gift card also, but so far, I haven't felt the need to spend them.

My sister had asked me to stop by our local yarn store to see if they had additional skeins of yarn she had purchased when she had been here last, but they did not. I had returned a pair of knitting needles to the yarn store several weeks ago and they had given me store credit for my return, which makes sense.  Turns out that I do better with wooden needles than brushed nickel. Since I was unable to "spend money", I used that credit to purchase 3 skeins of a bulky gray yarn. How can anyone not like the color gray? It is my favorite color! I had seen this  Infinity Scarf pattern on Pinterest and had fallen in love it.

 My first attempt of using circular needs did not go as well as I would have liked. Looking back, I am realizing the yarn I used was not bulky enough. The pattern only takes about 6 hours to make and then voila!

 So here is the finished product
 The best part is that the pattern produces two different knit patterns and can be worn on either side. I have yet to decide which is my favorite way!


This may just be an item that appears as presents for friends and family this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment