Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Not so Holiday weekend

Let's just say, completing three projects in an extended weekend sounds like a great idea until you do it. Boy, do I feel old! I could barely move the past two days. Since I am one of the lucky people who have off for holidays like President's Day, I decided to paint the accent wall in the living room, including touching up the baseboards, paint the master bedroom closet (again) including baseboards, and remove and re-grout some kitchen tiles. Among here, there was a small plumbing issue, or so I thought, Sam managed to fix it instantly which I still have not decided if I am happy about or not. Not that it wasn't fixed, but that it was so easy for him and not for me!

For this post, I will tell you about the master bedroom closet. After I had bought the house, I set about cleaning it. I had planned to hire a cleaning crew to save me time, but the previous owners said they were going to do that, so not to bother. Well, they never held up their end of the bargain. So not only did I have painting to do when I first moved in, I had cleaning. One Saturday morning, I went a little overboard and gutted the master bedroom closet. I then had to learn how spackle as I made a few errors with removing shelves. I also insisted on priming and then painting the closet with two coats of paint prior to moving in. I mean, my clothes were not going into any space that was less than immaculate of course. But I couldn't move in as I had not shelves to put anything on. So to make a long story short and after numerous tears were shed, Sam built me shelves and made the master bedroom closet something I was happy with.

If you notice, there is not a stitch of men's clothing in this closet. Yes, I monopolized the entire thing. So a year and half goes by and now I no longer like the off white closet, I think it needs some color. I fell in love with the Benjamin Moore's Baja Dunes that I painted the first floor bathroom and had a half gallon left. After a couple of hours, I had it all painted on the walls.



It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the wood had never been painted and I wanted it to match the trim. I still had almost a full gallon of the original off white so I used that to paint the shelves and trim with on Sunday. If you are curious to where all the clothes went, I can show you that. We slept in the guest bedroom in our house for 2 nights. Awkward!!!


When it was time to put it all back in on Monday, I decided I should put back in only what I wear. Since I no longer wear suits to work, I thought it made sense not to hang them and continue to gather dust. If you are related to me, I suggest you sit down before you continue reading. It is astonishing how many clothes I have and do not need!! Yes, I did say that. I do not need to go shopping for a while and I was kind of sad at how much stuff I had. The closet continued over to the dressers and I am proud to say, that I have consolidated back into 1 dresser and I could now share my closet!




No comments:

Post a Comment