Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weekend Warrior

The first weekend in February has passed and I'm proud to say that I tackled 3 items on the to do list. Yeah! I completed cleaning and painting the little hallway into the kitchen, cleaning and painting all trim in the kitchen, and painting the bathroom on the first floor, including the trim.

I started by cleaning everything on Friday night after getting home from work. I know what you are thinking, great way to spend a Friday night! I washed down all the baseboards and then completed the caulking and spackling of nail holes. I am a novice at blogging, but I did take some photos. Trust me, I thought twice about producing evidence of my dirty home!




Now I didn't get as early of a start as planned on Saturday morning, but that is okay. I still managed to get everything done. I have to saw, the difference is huge! I love how white and clean everything is. Pretty obvious we don't have children or pets.




So for the bathroom reveal. Too bad I forgot to take some original before photos. This is the best I have as befores.


I have to say though, I love this color. I am going to paint the Master bedroom closet with it too! It is a cross between light brown with gray undertones. It is Benjamin Moore's Baja Dunes. I think it is quite appropriate to have a beach reference based on where we live! So here is what the bathroom looks like.


I think I am going to paint the mirror white and I have a basket that goes above the toilet that I am going to paint white as well. I contemplated painting the cabinet, but have decided I like the dark color. I will change out the knobs, but I will have to wait until March to purchase them! I also have silver picture frames in the attic which I will be putting up in there as well.

The best part of this was my plan to tackle another item on Sunday. However, I'm not as young as I once was and when I bounced out of bed in the morning and struggled to stand up straight and not hurt when I walked; I made a great decision to do nothing!

Until next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment