Saturday, March 23, 2013

Curtain Time

Last weekend marks a year my mom and I tackled my first curtain making project. I wanted floor length curtains with grommets. I fell in love with fabric at Joann's, however it was $50 a yard and I needed 21 yards....OUCH!


My mom had told me about a place near where I grew up called The Barn. It is an upholstery shop and you can buy fabric there as well. When we arrived, they were having a sale...$6.95 a yard. I ended up buying fabric for the living room and master bedroom.

We planned a different weekend where my mom came out and basically all we did was sew, and sew, and then sew some more. While we were constantly sewing, we managed to make 6 curtains for the living room which are lined with grommets as well as 5 curtains for the master bedroom with grommets. My mom is quite talented when it comes to sewing and I have to say, the curtains look fantastic.

Here are a few photos....

Work area

Finished product!!


Grommets, never again!
 Now you may be wondering why I am talking about this. It is time to make more curtains! Stay tuned and you will see this weekend's project of curtains in the kitchen and dining room.






1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I really like the grommets. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete