Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sew, Sew, Sew

So this weekend my mom and I made the curtains for the kitchen and dining room. I have been wanting to get the fabric since we finished the living room ones last year, but knew waiting until this spring made the most sense. This time I went with a repeat pattern in the fabric. No big deal you are saying, right? Wrong! This repeat pattern meant we had to watch when and where we cut because the pattern repeats every 9 inches. In addition to this, we wanted to make sure that the top of all the curtains started in the same place. Only a few things to consider before cutting!
Curtain sewing area / Preview of Before

We made 4 86" panels and 2 valances. The one valance was almost 42" and the other one was 80". The second valance required that the pattern be matched and seamed. Overall though, the rooms look great!


Work in Progress


All Finished!


Looks so pretty with daffodils! Thanks Mom!


Love the valance! Guess we should take out the trash. This is not normal, I swear!


Making it homey

2 comments:

  1. So what is the purpose of a valance? Just enough to block the sky? I have never understood them nor will you find one in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just enough to tie the room together but still allows in lots of natural light. I have to say after coming home and walking in last night, the house just felt cozier. I love it!

    ReplyDelete