Monday, March 4, 2013

Results Are In

So for the month of February, I said I would not spend any extra money outside of the basics. I did really well for the most part. I did not visit the mall, Starbucks, or go out to lunch when I was working, which is where most of my downfalls are. However, with doing all the house projects, I found I was missing things and would have to go to the local hardware store or Lowe's. I did go to lunch and dinner with friends on two different days. I have to say lunch was great, but it did blow up the budget some. It is amazing how easy that is. Now, the caveat to this is that I have not seen this friend for 9 months so I feel it was justified. I would have been in under budget for the month, but the basement had a few other ideas, more on that later.

I guess the great part is that by not shopping, at least I did not blow the budget. Now the part that is even better are all the things I completed around the house.

Here are some of the items on my list for February:
  • Paint first floor bathroom (had $5 off coupon at ACE for January, so I bought some paint)
  • Clean baseboards, fill in nail holes, recaulk where necessary, and repaint in kitchen
  • Clean baseboards, fill in nail holes, recaulk where necessary, and repaint in guest bedroom
  • Clean baseboards, fill in nail holes, recaulk where necessary, and repaint in master bedroom
  • Clean baseboards, fill in nail holes, recaulk where necessary, and repaint in office room
  • Paint master bedroom closet (don't ask!)
  • Paint guest bedroom closet
  • Paint basement bathroom shelves
  • Re-grout kitchen tiles
  • Clean and paint walkway into kitchen
  • Sew place-mats for dining room table (one out of four completed)
  • Make cards for various upcoming occassions
  • Read some books
  • Clean, fill in nail holes, and paint steps to the basement 
I would like to think that is not too shabby for 3 weekends. With spring around the corner, I will soon be working outside in the garden and flower beds. At least the inside has been cared for now because once it warms up, it will be neglected!

No comments:

Post a Comment