Sunday, August 25, 2013

Christmas in August

I had mentioned a few weeks ago about signing up for a stamp class in August at Stamp Fanci. It was something fun for me to do just one night a week. Well the time arrived the other week to go and I can not tell you how much I enjoyed it. It was right after work, no traffic to get there and just an enjoyable evening with other women. I left there feeling so relaxed that I signed up for another class in October. I have decided that I will take one class a month because I came home so stress free!

If you know me, I'm a planner and very organized. So it was appropriate that the class I took was for Christmas cards. Yes, I know that Christmas is 4 months away, but it will be here before you know it! I'm trying to be realistic! 

The class is set for 2 hours. It is great in that all the prep work is completed ahead of time, meaning all pieces we will need are cut out except the "new" product stuff we are trying. So you can try the products, the die cuts were what we got to cut out. Smart thinking!

The first card was a Christmas wreath over two doors. This is pretty, but not my favorite.

The second card was another wreath and definitely more my style. I love the reflective silver.

The final card was my favorite and the reason I took the class.
The trees are so simple and yet so much fun!

And before anyone thinks this is what my Christmas cards will be this year, they may not. Those cute little trees are a different type of die cut than the ones I have. This means I have to get different trays for my machine before I even buy the die cut. I haven't decided if I want to invest in that equipment yet. It will probably only be $20 for the tray and $15 for the die cut. However, I have so much stuff already, I'm trying to stick with what I have. So, I'm taking another class in October that is for, you guessed it, Christmas cards! 



2 comments:

  1. Now you see why I like to go to knitting. I get the added benefit of hearing old lady and crazy lady gossip. Better than reality TV some weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Mine wasn't like that, but that could be fun. Mine was more sharing ideas of things done in the past or other techniques to try. It was my first time though. I will definitely keep going back now!

    ReplyDelete