Monday, August 26, 2013

Harvesting

So all my hard work this spring is paying off in the garden. We have had tomatoes, some lettuce, jalapeño peppers (guacamole baby!), and lots of green and yellow beans. Tonight I harvested the potatoes. The tops were all dead, so it was time to dig them out. I was impressed. There were more than last year. Not only were there more, they were bigger too. Quite proud of myself!


Thought I should share a little story. My family will appreciate this. So my man went out and bought a fan because I don't turn the AC down to freezing in the house during the summer. I don't care that he bought a fan, but a box fan in 2013. Really, he couldn't find anything else more aesthetically pleasing or a little quieter? The thing it loud and then the TV has to be turned up louder just to hear it. I have complained about the fan all summer. 

Well, it was hot after I dug out the potatoes and I wanted to sit down. It was even hotter in the house and I really didn't want to shut the windows to turn on the AC. So what does a girl do? Turn on the fan that I have complained about ALL summer!
Seriously, the man couldn't have bought a better looking fan? He is right, it does work well when it is hot! HaHa! Now I have to remember to turn it off before he is home and he will never be the wiser! 



No comments:

Post a Comment