Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garden Update

So I had said I would give a garden update earlier last week, so I want to follow through. I am quite happy with how it is going so far this year. I can hoe around all the plants and weed it in about 2 hours. I try to make sure I do this once a week. I have also learned that if I do this a day after it has rain, it is so much easier!
Looking in at the garden. As you can see, bottom of the fence is bunny proof.

Tomatoes, green pepper and jalapeno pepper

Broccoli and cabbage

Lettuce, radishes, and cucumbers

Last year the squirrels ate the basil, this year they are eating the rosemary since the basil is not in the garden

Green and yellow beans

Potatoes

Onions and corn

                  
Zucchini  
Since the squirrels ate all of the basil last year, this year I decided to container pot it next to the back door. I started my seeds inside. Surprisingly, one one or two did not make it, so we should have lots of basil. I bet Sam is excited!! (Not really, he gets heartburn from pesto, but I still use it since I love it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment