Sunday, November 10, 2013

Christmas Cards Round 2

Okay, so I took another card stamping class for Christmas cards again. It is November as I write this post, but I took the class in October. It still felt early to try new ideas, but to be honest, starting early is a must!

This class was taught by a different instructor. And if I think about it, I preferred the first instructor over this one. The last class didn't start until we all arrived and we introduced ourselves. This class, they had us emboss once we arrived. The reasoning was to help keep the class moving, but I was disappointed because I felt rushed looking around the store before the class started. Also, this class didn't discuss other techniques and tips, which I really enjoyed hearing new ideas last time.

The class wasn't a bust though. Granted, I have mastered using a stamp and embossing powder. What I never really thought of was using a piece of a larger stamp. I found this to be such a great way to really take advantage of existing stamps rather than always buying new. So now, the rules that apply in my closet for making new outfits applies to my hobby. Shocking!! Haha!!

Here is what we accomplished in class:





So, you may be wondering if you will be receiving one of these, but the answer is no. I made a tree card last year and this year I want to do something different. I found a cool stamp and can't wait to finish my design!


No comments:

Post a Comment