Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oh, Hunter Rain Boots, How I Love Thee

Im not sure how it started, but the other year I fell in LOVE, like head over heels obsessed in love with Hunter rain boots. I would talk about them constantly. A very pretty maroon color ended up on my Christmas List last year. In fact, I was certain I was going to receive them when a box was given to me. I was so confident Christmas morning that I declared I was unwrapping them only to find my rubber mallet. Was I slightly disappointed it was a mallet and not my boots? Yes, however, that mallet has earned its own place of love. It has been very useful throughout the year and if you don't believe me, just look at all my projects.

This led me to haunt the Hunter website on a weekly basis. In the spring, I couldn't decide between a navy blue pair or stone (little grey almost white) pair. By the time I decided on navy, they were out of of my size. My obsession grew. I'm not even exaggerating this next part. I would check the Hunter website on a DAILY basis to see if they put any on sale. Not joking! I had entered my stalker-eqse phase.

I finally got smart and tried a pair on at Nordstroms over Labor Day to check the size I needed. However, my desire to own a pair grew more. Not sure how that was possible. So yesterday I went shopping again. I decided to take a stroll through Nordstrom's normally this is a quick little trip to remind me that my bank account is not nearly as big as I wish it was. However, I thought I should try on the Graphite Grey Hunter rain boots for fun. So as I had them on I asked if there was any way they were on sale and the sales associate said YES! The stars did align!! So, I sent a bunch of text messages and bought my Hunter rain boots. I'm in love!!


So to make this story even better, it is raining today. Now, I am going to run errands and get to wear my boots, awesome!!


This second picture is their true color. It was really dark in the hallway last night, but I had to take their first picture at home!

2 comments:

  1. They are really cute! I hope you splashed in a couple puddles with them! Now you just need to whip up something like this and you can wear them all winter long.

    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/57126?feat=boot%20liner-SR0&page=women-s-wellie-warmers-tall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the Hunter website has a pair of navy cable wellie socks on sale. Unlike my mom or sister, I can not knit a pair of socks let alone a cable. I knit in straight rows and straight rows only!

    ReplyDelete