Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 25th = Snowstorm!

I'm not exactly sure how long this has been happening, but every year, it snows on January 25th. If you are wondering how I know this, it's because it is my grandmother's birthday and I haven't made it in to visit, due to a snowstorm. This year was no exception! Mother Nature, this has been 2 years in a row now, really?!?!

I was prepared this year and I had visited last weekend. The weather forecast said the storm would start at midnight Friday night and go until 6 p.m. Saturday. Sunday was suppose to be nice (whatever that means in Pittsburgh in January). I decided to let the "crazy people" head to the grocery stores Friday and I would tackle that on Sunday when there wasn't a crowd. 

We didn't get much snow, but enough that shoveling had to be done several times. My plans was to tackle the sidewalks and steps in the afternoon closer to when the storm was over and then really shovel Sunday before running errands. Sure enough, the little old man down the street decided to come through at 11 am and clean my walks making me feel exceptionally lazy and guilty. I forced myself outside in the afternoon, quickly brushing them off and running back inside to warm up. I can honestly say I was the laziest I have ever been. I watched 4 movies that day and didn't get out of my  pajamas all day which made going to bed easy! But, to make me feel worse, at 10 pm my little old neighbor was outside shoveling, AGAIN!! When I went outside Sunday morning, he had shoveled around my car and he shoveled another neighbor's small driveway. Boy, did I feel like an  _____ ( fill in the blank).


Before I went to run my errands, I cleaned my sidewalks and steps. It was a first, but I had to clean the porch too. This time, the snow blew in the porch and laid. It had done the same thing on Saturday, which I found odd because that has never happened before.


The entire time I was cleaning the walks, it was still snowing. So much for the nice day. A normal, intelligent person would say, wait until it clears up before you run your errands. However, my natural blonde roots were showing because I never had that thought and jumped in the car with the road looking as such. 

I realized my mistake when I started going down the hill. It was definitely an adventurous afternoon running errands!

On a final note, at least I was stylishly dressed for the outdoors! 

In case anyone is wondering, I cleaned all the neighbor's sidewalks and mine down to wear the little old man lives when I got home that afternoon. The girl across the street is a PA and works crazy shifts. She had about 5 inches from the curb to her front door. So, to pay it forward, I shoveled her from the street, up her sidewalk, and a path across her deck to her door. I know, I'm so nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment