Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Stamping Sunset

I spent the weekend on my couch trying to get over my head cold, watching a ridiculous (all day for 2 days) amount of TV. On a side note, it was a bad weekend for the White House! Watched White House Down and Olympus has Fallen and enjoyed both. Well, you may be wondering how this relates to stamping, in this case, it was a cause for inspiration. 

When the sun started to go down, it came in through the windows and interfered with my watching. As I moved around so the sun wouldn't be in my eyes, I noticed an incredible sunset. The sky had turned a vivid reddish orange and the trees looked like black silhouettes. It made me remember a few sunrises on my morning commutes where the sky was purple, pink, and red. Stunning!! I realized I could recreate these images as cards.

I had been scheduled to attend a stamp class last night, but the cold weather had participants canceling and since I was the only student, they canceled. BUMMER! It left me quite disappointed, but time to start my little idea. 

I took a white piece of paper and used my stamping brushes on my dye ink pads. I created this cool yellow, orange, red, and purple background. I then used this tree stamp I had over top. Since I used two different types of ink and layered them, they needed to dry. Tonight, I finished assembling the cards. Have to say, I'm impressed!



Both cards have the same inside.




1 comment: