Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fabric Found!!!

This past weekend, I indulged myself and visited both Stamp Fanci and Loom. Stamp Fanci is a stamp store located in the North Hills outside of the city. It is exclusively related to stamping, rubber stamps, and scrapbooking. I always go in with the intentions of a quick trip and come out an hour later at a minimum. I cant't wait for August 15th as I have signed up for a class!! Who knew it was already time to start making Christmas cards! Oh well, I can't wait. 

From the North Hills, I headed into the city to the Strip District. I was on a mission to find some fabric for my little bench at Loom, this extremely cool and trendy fabric store. 


It took me a little while to decide what I wanted. In fact, I almost gave up because I couldn't find what I knew I wanted. Then I found all of these pieces of fabric off to the side. Since they have SOOO MANY fabrics, they rotate them between their warehouse and showroom. Of course once I looked thru the pile of samples, I found two patterns that I really liked. I was smart and brought paint chips of what is on the walls as well as sample fabrics of what is already in the house. The colors in my two choices matched perfectly! The sales associate ran into the warehouse to bring over the bolts. Luckily, the warehouse is straight above the store.

Once I saw the fabric laid out on the cutting table, I knew which one I wanted for the bench. Ironically, as I was about to discard my other choice, I realized it matches the green wall in the dining room perfectly. So that fabric ended up being the fabric for my dining room chairs! WooHoo, I have my fabric!

Oh and remember this piece of fabric that I fell in love with a few weeks ago? 


I found some of it at Loom. The best part of the deal, it was only $5. Here come some more pillows for the living room!

After finding my fabric, I took advantage of being downtown. I went to Wholey's Fish market and got fresh shrimp. I also visited the Pennsylvania Macaroni company to get fresh feta cheese. Yum, yum! While I was running around, I have to say my feet never bothered me. Early in the summer I found a pair of Franco Sarto sandals at T.J.Maxx for a steal ($20). My sister swears by this name brand and now I know why. They are incredibly comfortable and cute too! See :-)

Oh wait, did I hear you ask about fabric photos? Well, you will just have to come back and visit! I am hoping to start this weekend so maybe I will get some more pictures posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment