Sunday, July 14, 2013

Garden Update

The garden has continued to grow with the exception of one casualty, the corn. Last year the corn made it to produce corn and then I caught the squirrels shucking it themselves. This year, they are not even allowing it to grow.



These photos are from last week, but it still looks the same. I have the biggest broccoli plant that is not producing broccoli. Not sure what is happening with that. Also, I pulled out some cabbage that was really growing, but was providing meals to various bugs.

Couldn't remember what the one plant was from my grandmother, so I planted it in the garden as it looked like a pepper plant. Turned out to be a forget me not, but with the crazy rabbits, it is staying in the garden.



 The green and yellow beans have been producing some nice beans. I already picked and used a bunch earlier in the week. Last night, I picked a bunch more and will probably get about 6 to 8 cups to blanche and freeze.

That tangled mess are my radishes. I did not have luck last year with radishes and I honestly don't know if I should continue to let them grow or pull that mess out.

Last night I worked in the garden some more. This time I got smart and started to put down some newspaper around my zucchini plants. I also decided I will be planting more lettuce and green and yellow beans in where the corn was located. I will see if I can get more beans to freeze for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment