Friday, July 19, 2013

Unbelievable Luck

So this morning when I went to jump in my car, this is how I was greeted.
Just what I wanted to see. So this meant I was driving Sam's big Dodge Ram in morning rush hour traffic through the construction zone. Yippee, just what I wanted to do!! You know that was on my Bucket list - not! Needless to say I was less than amused. Thank God it was Friday and "traffic" doesn't exist on Fridays. If it had been Monday, I would have called in sick! Just kidding, I would have drove with white knuckles and extremely high blood pressure!

I had planned on leaving work early today anyways as I was going to use a paid 2 hour early out, but my plan was to do other stuff. Instead I called AAA on my way home to meet me to get off the lug nut lock and change my tire. I can't turn it to unlock the lug nuts and none of them will come off without the lock off first. Sam was working and I just wanted to get my car fixed ASAP. (I have a few issues with a thing called patience if anyone was wondering why my man was left off the hook. Besides, it was probably best I dealt with strangers, less inclined to take out my frustration on them.) AAA arrived 5 mins after I did so it was fantastic timing. Fabulous response time!

I had spoken with the manager Joe at Sears Auto first thing this morning. He was very apologetic on the phone and said he would refund me and fix it free of charge. They were busy when I arrived. Had to wait 15 minutes to ask for Joe and then another 10 minutes for him. They took my car back and he refunded me from the night before. Also, they gave me an extra $20 for my inconvenience. Not bad! At one point, he came out to say that they couldn't find any issues other than they thought it was a bad resealing job from the night before. He said that if it would continue to happen, my tire was defective and I should go back to where i purchased them. The look on my face must have said that was pure BS because he quickly disappeared. I waited for another hour and then he came back again. Guess what, they found a hole that could only be seen from the side of the tire and was extremely small! No kidding, really!! 

So after waiting another 2 hours today, my car is back in business. I have to say, my little Mazda 3 has/is a terrific car. Low maintenance, dependable, reliable, quick to dart in and out of traffic, love it! This was a whole new experience with car trouble that lasts multiple days. I have been very fortunate and didn't realize how much so, until now. Definitely never realized how much I took for granted. Just glad to be back in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment