Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tragedy Strikes

Remember this beautiful masterpiece. You know, the most expensive, handmade rug!


Well, on Sunday I was in the mood to clean. Was I ever! I cleaned all three floors in the house, 6 loads of laundry, as well as cooked and baked. I had read when making this rug, it was machine washable. Oh, you see where this is heading right! Yeah, threw the rug in the washing machine on a gentle cycle and then in the dryer on a gentle cycle. I'm not sure where, but at some point, the rug became injured!
Yep, the side stitching broke away from the rows! Rug down!
Guess I'm going to have to do some sewing repairs and no more washing machines!

Ironically, as I write this post on my iPad I'm sitting in Sears Auto waiting on my car. It seems my car decided to throw a wrench in my plans for the evening. Today happens to be Sam's birthday and I had planned on stopping at Oakmont Bakery to pick up a little treat for him and then cooking him dinner (venison burgers and homemade potato salad). When I left the office though, my tire pressure light came on in my car. Luckily, it was before I jumped on the expressway. None of my tires were flat, but one was very low. I had to drive through the city at 5 p.m. trying to find a gas station with an air machine to put air in the tire. WHAT FUN! 

Once I found a gas station, I was far enough out of my route, I had to go a different way home. Oh, add about an extra 45 minutes to my commute! Along my wait, I had talked to Sam who said not to go to the bakery, but I wasn't listening to him as I had not purchased anything for him. When I pulled into the bakery, the tire pressure sensor went off again! So I got my order at the bakery and found ANOTHER gas station. I went home, put the baked goods in the fridge, changed my clothes, ate a doughnut as dinner, and went to Sears Auto. As my luck would have it, I had to wait 5 -10 minutes to get waited on and then found out it would take an hour and half to fix my tire. The exact time it would be finished was 8:30/8:45. I think the guy thought I would say no and go on my merry way. Instead I said, okay, I came prepared and I'll wait. They close at 8.

They were able to get me out by 8:15. So there was still time to cook before Sam was home from Tai Kwan Doe. Nothing like firing up the grill at 8:30! The best part, $25 and an hour later, they couldn't find anything wrong with the tire! Okay, so I know I should be grateful the tire is fine. It was brand new in November. They did tell me if something should happen again in the next few days, to bring it back. I thought that was nice. Hopefully, I'm not visiting them anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment