Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pre-Vacation Workout

I don't know about anyone else, but before I go away on vacation I like to get all the yard work and household chores completed. Something about coming back to a clean house makes me happy, happy, happy!  This meant I spent 4th of July working (sweating) my butt off.

Our lovely chestnut trees requires quite a bit of maintenance. It drops these long blondish, furry things. I have no idea what they are called, but in order to cut the grass out front, I had to rake these up. It wasn't a hard task, but they were everywhere.




 


It took me about an hour and half and I had them all raked into piles. Whenever I have to do this in the summer, the only thing I can think of it that it looks like a bunch of hippies cut off their dreadlocks!





I always love how it looks once everything has been cleaned and raked. It looks great and was worth all of that hard work!


  
 

The sad part is when I came outside the next morning, there was no evidence of my hard work. A thunderstorm came through and brought more down. I can tell you one thing, I'm not raking them again until they are all down!

No comments:

Post a Comment