Sunday, July 21, 2013

Scrapbooking and Stamping Convention

Where do I even begin? This was how I spent part of my Saturday.  I have never heard for a scrapbooking and stamping convention, however I thought it sounded delightful when a colleague of mine had mentioned it. It was fantastic is all I can say. 

The event was held in a conference center. So imagine a large ballroom with vendors set up through out. I was early enough that some of these pictures show the layout better than I can describe.




Each stand had an area where there were demos being given. You were invited to sit down and try out the techniques sometimes, other times they were demonstrated for you. 

There was a good variety amongst the vendors as well. I know that my style contains more patterns and bright, bold colors, while others like the frilly, lace like designs. There was even a good variety between wooden block stamps and clings. Add in the scrap book dimensions of paper, folding techniques, punches and so on. 

I was quickly able to find the stands that piqued my interest. I probably spent a good hour at one stand which proved to be where I spent most of my money! The people were great and so accommodating. They were Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. When I asked about taking some photos for ideas, he said to go right ahead! Other vendors had signs up about not taking photos. Here are some though from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps.
Remember, these are all rubber stamps and paper!!





Another vendor that I really liked was called Inky Antics. Their cards are time consuming to make due to the coloring detail, but really cool when finished. I couldn't help falling in love with a set of their stamps called Worldy Woman. Seriously, how great are these!


Here are few other Inky Antics designs. They are just so cute! I love all the vibrant colors.

The event cost $6 which was not bad. You were given a ticket to be completed with name and address for door prize drawings. Then on every other hour they drew 2 names and gave away "Tour Bucs" which was money to spent there. They started out at $100 prizes. Unfortunately, I was not a lucky winner. They also had 2 prize basket raffles with $500 worth of stamping supplies in them as well. My phone has not rung, so I'm guessing I didn't win those either. If you were one of the first 100 people through the door, you were given a key to the Treasure Chest. The Treasure Chest had $1,000 worth of stamping and scrapbook supplies. I did not arrive early enough on Saturday to even score a key. When I had left, the winner still had not unlocked the chest!

Overall, it was a great time. I learned some new techniques and picked up some fun stamps. Can't wait to have time to be creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment