Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fabrics Galore

Over the weekend, I stopped at one of the Joanne mega fabric stores. These are the extra large Joanne's store that has everything imaginable. This means it also has a huge home decor fabric section. I spent over an hour looking at various fabrics for the cute little bench. Here are some of the favorites:




I thought the last piece was perfect until a friend reminded me that none of these are my current color scheme, so how was I going to pull the room together. Quite a good point might add!

This led me to look for fabric that would go with the room. I found two prints I really liked but too big for the bench. So I decide to make new pillows for the living room. 

The pillows were very easy to make. We had other accent pillows that I recovered and boy did they need recovered. The longest part was hand stitching the bottom of the pillows together. I had folded the fabric in half to save time cutting and ended up with matching pillows. I was very excited by my stroke of dumb luck.

This is what they look like in the living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment